best of the drawing of the day: my window on the world

drawingoftheday-newnumber14-windowontheworldThe giant skull of an unknown and anatomically unlikely beast, hanging in the entrance of what seems to be a vast cave, half against a starry sky.  In the socket of its wide-open eye, a small figure watches with a benevolent gaze.

(What does it mean?  Who knows?  Nothing perhaps, except that I’m practicing describing the indescribable.)

Advertisements
This entry was posted in comics and cartooning and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to best of the drawing of the day: my window on the world

1. Sean K. says:

Judging by its facial bone structure, this creature either had a permanently wry expression on its face in life, or its eyes functioned differently from each other.

2. Wolfie says:

It’s the creature known as the “Don’t make faces or it’ll stick like that.”

3. Pam Bliss says:

And it stuck all right,

4. Rick Santman says:

Interesting skull notwithstanding, when I went to click on it to take a closer look at the figure with the benevolent gaze, nothing happened. No blow ups any more?

5. Pam Bliss says:

I’ve checked around and every other drawing seems to enlarge but this one. When I get back to my desk I will reload it. It may be tomorrow.

6. Rick Santman says:

Ahh! big Big BIG clickthrough! Well done Ms Bliss!